I used orange, dark green, and white for this bright and cheerful card. To make your own:
1. Create a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch, top-fold card from Original ColorMates Cardstock Deep Spring Green. Set aside.
2. Trim a 5 3/8 x 4 1/8 inch panel from ColorMates Textured Twill Cardstock White.
3. Trim a 5 1/8 x 3 7/8 piece of Deep Spring Green cardstock and attach it to the center of the white twill cardsotck.
4. Trim a 5 x 3 3/4 inch piece of Original ColorMates Cardstock Deep Orange Dream. Emboss the panel with a Lattice Embossing Folder (Crafter's Companion). Rub the raised embossing with orange ink (Ranger Distress Dried Marigold).
5. Attach the orange panel to the center of the green panel. Wrap all layers with orange striped grosgrain ribbon (Really Reasonable Ribbon). Attach the panel stack to the card front.
6. Trim a flag banner shape from Deep Spring Green cardstock and attach it to the left edge of the card as shown.
7. Trim a smaller flag banner from orange decorative paper (Graphic 45 Eerie Tale) and attach it to the green banner.
8. Stamp the poppies image (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps) onto ColorMates Textured Twill White with black dye ink.
9. Color the image with colored pencils (Prismacolor) and alcohol markers (Copic). Trim to size and mat with Deep Spring Green cardstock. Attach the image to the card front with foam dots.
10. Tie a "fancy" bow at the upper left edge of the image.
11. Decorate the inside of the card. Trim 5 3/8 x 4 1/8 inch panel from ColorMates Textured Twill White cardstock and attach it to the inside of the card.
12. Use a small square punch to punch seven squares of decorative paper in orange and green. Attach the squares in a diamond pattern at the bottom of the white panel.
13. Stamp a sentiment with black ink onto the white twill cardstock. Trim the sentiment with a circle die template (Spellbinders). Mat with a Deep Spring Green cardstock circle. Attach the circles to the top, center of the inside panel with foam dots.
Thanks for joining me today! I hope you will give the ColorMates Textured Twill cardstock a try! I love how it makes my image look as if it were stamped onto canvas...and water colored!
~ Gloria (Scraps of Life)
Original ColorMates Cardstock Deep Spring Green, Deep Orange Dream
ColorMates Textured Twill White
Embossing Folder: Crafter's Companion Lattice
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Distress Dried Marigold
Colored Pencils: Prismacolor
Dies: Spellbinders Standard Circles Large, Small; My Favorite Things Banner Flag Stax
Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Precious Poppies
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon Orange Striped Grosgrain
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Glue Dots