Thursday, March 28, 2013

Fun with Kraft!

I created this card for my Inspired by Stamping design team, but I also wanted to share it here on the WorldWin blog because I used WorldWin Kraft cardstock for the background!


I am a bit fussy about my kraft cardstock. It must be the "correct" kraft color! Some is too light and some too dark. The WorldWin Kraft is JUST RIGHT! It is the perfect color and thickness.

I used an embossing folder from Couture Creations. This folder is from the Serenity Collection and is called Chiaro. You can see the deep embossing I got with the folder and the Kraft cardstock! So pretty! {I know, only I would get this excited about paper!}



I stamped a sentiment from the Inspired by Stamping Beautiful Iris set and cut it out with a circle die template. The black cardstock is WorldWin Treasures Pitch Black. I love this cardstock. It is really thick and textured. (And, WorldWin has several shades of black! How cool is that?!)

I made a bouquet with some paper flowers that I found in my stash. I really love how the blue and green play off against the white and kraft!



To make the embossing stand out, I rubbed the surface of the paper with some white ink. 

Supply List:
Cardstock: WorldWin Paper Treasures Black, Kraft
Stamps: Inspired by Stamping Beautiful Iris
Embossing Folder: Couture Creations Chiaro
Die cuts: Spellbinders Standard Circles Small and Large, Foliage
Designer paper: Teresa Collins Everyday Moments, World Traveler
Ink: Clearsnap Colorbox Fluid Chalk Alabaster; Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Adhesive: Scotch 3M tape runner; Beacon Fabri-tac; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares

13 comments:

  1. Gloria, this is such a stunning card, the colors are striking and I love the floral bit on the side@ Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun card. I like that embossing folder you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the colors of the paper, amazing embossing. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice card Gloria, and you're right, the kraft cardstock color here is justtttttt right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing card Gloria (as always) ~ love the deep embossing
    thanks for sharing with us

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Gloria! Love the color combo and design of your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What pretty colors and fab design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This caught my eye when you posted it earlier. Love those two patterns and that embossing is SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Love the embossed background!! Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love, love the embossed kraft paper. It sings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I like your overall card design, and love, love, love that embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very attractive card.Simple yet elegant.

    ReplyDelete