Friday, April 12, 2013

Hello Spring and Enjoy The Now

Hi, it's Katrina here.  I am one of the new design team members for WorldWin and I am so excited to share my projects today with you.

My first project is a shaped card made with the Petallics collection.  The first time I used the Petallics cardstock I fell in love with it.  The sheen and just the elegance of it made me swoon!


I love how the Gold Ore and Petal Pink colors go together.  I decided to emboss  the flower layers and leave the leaves just as they were.  I wanted my flower to stand out more than the leaves.  Spring Larch is a great soft green color.

I used the Autumn Hay color for my card base.  
The top layer is the Beargrass color that I embossed. 

Next up, I have a layout using the Colormates cardstock.  Both the Petallics and the Colormates cut wonderfully in any die cutting machine.  I happened to used my Cameo for both these projects.

I used the Medium Coffee Brown, which is a great kraft color, for my background.  Then I used White for my center strip and to stamp on.


I love how the Colormates cardstock stamps also.  I used a chalk ink to stamp.  The chalk ink gave more of a distressed look, which is what I was going for.

Here you can see how cleanly the Colormates cut in my Cameo.  I just layered some pattern paper behind my openings to break it up some. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  I can't wait to share more projects and inspiration here on the blog for you!

Supplies for Card: 
Petallics in Autumn Hay, Beargrass, Gold Ore, Petal Pink, Spring Larch

Other Supplies:  Paper Bakery Flair (Oh Happy Day), Doodlebug Designs Letter Stickers, Bella Blvd. Washi Tape, Scotch and 3L Scrapbook Adhesives, Silhouette Cameo, Provo Craft and Lifestyle Crafts Embossing Folders, Cuttlebug

Supplies for Layout:
Colormates in Medium Coffee Brown and White

Other Supplies: GCD Studios Nostalgia paper collection and chipboard letters, Paper Bakery Flair (You've Been Geotagged), Laina Lamb Designs Stamps (Right This Way), American Crafts Thickers, October Afternoon Letter Stickers, Wilton Doily, May Arts jute twine, Silhouette Cameo, Scotch and 3L Scrapbook Adhesives, Prima Chalk Ink



6 comments:

  1. Katrina, this is awesome! I absolutely love that card, your title work is just wonderful!! The layout is adorable, so sweet! These are super projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love these so very much. You rock, girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card and your layout, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are adorably cute! I love them - they are so perfect for the season!

    ReplyDelete